AFCAT Syllabus 2024 and Exam Pattern, Check Latest Syllabus, Marking Scheme
The Indian Air Force (IAF) will formally release the AFCAT Syllabus 2024 and exam pattern in December 2023, along with the official notice for AFCAT Syllabus 2024.
AFCAT Syllabus 2024 and Exam Pattern: In December 2023, the Indian Air Force (IAF) will officially release the AFCAT Syllabus 2024 and exam pattern to help students understand the exam’s structure, along with the AFCAT Syllabus 2024 official notification. Students can identify the areas of the exam where questions are asked by understanding the AFCAT Syllabus 2024 and Exam Pattern.
AFCAT Syllabus 2024 and Exam Pattern 2024 Overview
AFCAT entry is highly regarded for joining the Indian Air Force, offering candidates two opportunities annually to clear the exam and proceed to the SSB interview. This pathway leads to obtaining a permanent or short service commission in the Flying, Technical, Administration, and Logistics branches.
|AFCAT Syllabus 2024|
|Recruitment Body||Indian Air Force|
|Exam Name||Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT 2023)|
|AFCAT Vacancies||yet to be updated|
|Category||AFCAT Syllabus 2024|
|AFCAT 01/2024 Exam Date||February 2024|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Time Duration||2 Hours|
|Marking Scheme||3 Marks for Each Correct Answer|
|Negative Marking Scheme||1 Mark Cut for Each Wrong Answer|
|Selection Process||Written Exam – AFSB Test – Medical Examination|
AFCAT Test Topic Wise Syllabus
To ensure effective preparation for the AFCAT 2024 exam, it is vital to have a good understanding of the AFCAT syllabus 2024. The AFCAT syllabus 2024 encompasses a wide range of subjects and topics, which are detailed below:
|Subjects||AFCAT Syllabus 2024|
|Reasoning and military aptitude test||Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning|
Standard: The subjects in the AFCAT exam, excluding numerical ability, are aligned with the matriculation level, while the numerical ability section is based on the graduation level.
Noted Point: Please note that the AFCAT exam will comprise multiple-choice questions and will be conducted exclusively in the English language.
AFCAT Syllabus 2024 English
The AFCAT Syllabus 2024 for the English subject is not overly difficult, giving candidates a good chance of passing the exam. This section of the AFCAT Exam typically contains a minimum of 20 questions ranging in difficulty from moderate to difficult.
AFCAT Syllabus 2024 English: To ensure comprehensive preparation for the AFCAT syllabus 2024 English, refer to the following topics in the examination:
- List of One-Word Substitutions
- Rules For Adjective Degree Of Comparison
- Homophones and Homonyms
- Synonyms and Antonyms List
- Rules for Error Spotting
- Rules For Active And Passive Voice
To enhance your practice and preparation, make sure to review significant questions and answers related to English topics.
- Questions and Answers about One-Word Substitution
- Questions and Answers About Tenses
- Sentence Correction Exercises
- Questions and Answers on Direct and Indirect Speech
AFCAT General Knowledge
General Knowledge is often considered one of the most challenging parts of the AFCAT syllabus 2024 due to the wide range of topics and the unpredictable nature of the questions.
Important topics that candidates must cover to prepare for this section are listed below:
- List of India’s Neighboring Countries
- List of India’s Highest Mountains
- Grand Slam Winners in Tennis
- Indian Ambassadors in Foreign Countries
- Chief Admirals of the Indian Navy
- List of the World’s Longest Rivers
- Current Events daily
- Analysis of the Daily News
In addition to self-preparation, you may want to consider enrolling in an online course to get guidance and clarification on any questions you have. Professional assistance can help you increase your motivation and enthusiasm for exam preparation. Remember to stay true to yourself and give your all, because the competition is fierce.
AFCAT Quantitative Aptitude
The mathematics section of AFCAT allows you to save time by efficiently solving questions once you are familiar with the concepts. However, it requires extensive practice to enhance your speed and achieve a high score. The mathematics questions in AFCAT syllabus 2024 are generally of an Easy to Moderate difficulty level.
AFCAT Syllabus 2024 Numerical Ability: This section evaluates the candidates’ fundamental mathematical aptitude. The level of Numerical Ability Questions will be at the matriculation level. Candidates preparing for the AFCAT exam can utilize the provided links to enhance their mathematics preparation.
- Decimal Fraction
- Time and Work
- Time & Distance and Races (Trains/ Boats & Streams)
- Area and Perimeter
- Profit & Loss
- Ratio & Proportion
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Number System & Number Series
- Mixture & Allegation Rules, Clocks
The AFCAT reasoning section is regarded as a subject where candidates can score well by practicing the previous year’s questions and relevant mock tests on a regular basis.
Ensure that you cover all the previous year’s AFCAT questions, including topics such as Series, Syllogism, Venn Diagram, Blood Relationship, Verbal Reasoning, Non-Verbal Questions, Military Aptitude, and others. Increase your practice frequency while maintaining perfect accuracy in your attempts.
Furthermore, this section assesses candidates’ verbal skills and spatial ability. It encompasses the following topics:
- Data Interpretation
- Arrangement-based sets
- Embedded Illustration
- Missing Character
- rotated Blocks
- Hidden figures
- Conclusions and Statement
- Seating Configurations
- Data Sufficiency
- Analogies of Reasoning
- Order and Rank
Extensive practice is important to excel in the reasoning section. Solve previous year’s AFCAT questions to understand the exam pattern. The reasoning section is highly significant as it assesses logical and analytical thinking skills. The AFCAT 2023 reasoning syllabus covers various topics like Series, Venn Diagram, Syllogism, Blood Relation, Non-Verbal questions, Verbal reasoning, and military aptitude. Strive to enhance speed and accuracy while attempting the questions.
How to Cover AFCAT Syllabus 2024?
Preparing for the AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test) requires a structured study plan and a thorough understanding of the syllabus. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to cover the AFCAT syllabus effectively:
- Understand the AFCAT Syllabus:
- Start by thoroughly reviewing the official AFCAT syllabus provided by the Indian Air Force. This will give you a clear idea of the topics and subjects you need to cover.
- Create a Study Schedule:
- Develop a well-organized study plan that covers all the subjects and topics in the AFCAT syllabus. Allocate specific time slots for each subject and topic to ensure comprehensive coverage.
- Gather Study Materials:
- Collect the necessary study materials, including textbooks, reference books, previous year question papers, and online resources. Ensure you have access to up-to-date study materials.
- Focus on Key Subjects:
- The AFCAT syllabus includes subjects like General Awareness, Verbal Ability in English, Numerical Ability, and Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test. Pay special attention to these core subjects as they carry the maximum weight.
- General Awareness:
- Stay updated with current affairs by reading newspapers, and magazines, and watching news channels. Cover topics related to history, geography, sports, politics, and defense.
- Verbal Ability in English:
- Enhance your vocabulary by reading books and newspapers. Practice comprehension exercises, grammar, and vocabulary-building exercises.
- Numerical Ability:
- Brush up on your mathematical skills, including arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and basic statistics. Solve mathematical problems regularly to improve your speed and accuracy.
- Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test:
- Practice logical reasoning and problem-solving questions. Work on spatial reasoning, data interpretation, and pattern recognition.
- Previous Year Question Papers:
- Solve previous year AFCAT question papers to get a feel for the exam pattern and types of questions asked. This will help you identify weak areas that need improvement.
- Mock Tests and Practice Papers:
- Take AFCAT mock tests and practice papers regularly. This will help you gauge your preparation level and manage your time during the actual exam.
Best Books for AFCAT Syllabus 2024
To excel in the AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test) exam, it’s essential to have the right study materials and books that cover the syllabus comprehensively. Here’s a list of some of the best books for AFCAT preparation:
- “Pathfinder for AFCAT & NDA Entrance Examination” by Arihant Publications:
- This book covers all sections of the AFCAT exam, including General Awareness, Verbal Ability in English, Numerical Ability, and Reasoning and military Aptitude Test. It provides detailed explanations and practice questions.
- “AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test) – The First Step Book” by DDE:
- This book is specifically designed for AFCAT aspirants and offers comprehensive coverage of all topics in the AFCAT syllabus. It includes practice questions and previous year’s solved papers.
- “AFCAT (Flying Technical & Ground Duty Branch) 13 Years (2007-2019) Solved Papers” by RPH Editorial Board:
- Solving previous years’ question papers is important for AFCAT preparation. This book contains solved papers from 2007 to 2019, allowing you to practice and understand the exam pattern.
- “Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations” by R.S. Aggarwal:
- For the Numerical Ability section, R.S. Aggarwal’s book is highly recommended. It covers a wide range of mathematical topics and provides ample practice exercises.
- “Word Power Made Easy” by Norman Lewis:
- This book is excellent for enhancing your vocabulary and improving your English language skills, which are essential for the Verbal Ability in English section.
- “A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning” by R.S. Aggarwal:
- R.S. Aggarwal’s book on reasoning is widely used for competitive exams. It covers all types of reasoning questions and provides ample practice.
- “Manorama Yearbook” or “Pratiyogita Darpan”:
- To prepare for the General Awareness section, regularly read books like Manorama Yearbook or Pratiyogita Darpan to stay updated on current affairs and general knowledge.
- “High School English Grammar & Composition” by Wren & Martin:
- This classic English grammar book is essential for improving your English language skills and mastering the grammar rules.
AFCAT Exam Pattern 2024
Candidates can learn about the total marks, marking scheme, time duration, and question paper structure by reviewing the AFCAT test pattern. Candidates must answer 100 or 150 questions in the AFCAT exam pattern 2024, depending on whether they apply for a technical or non-technical branch. More information on the AFCAT Exam Pattern 2024 is provided below.
The AFCAT Syllabus 2024 is a computer-based examination. The language of the exam is English. The AFCAT Exam 2024 contains 100 questions. Candidates have two hours to complete the AFCAT paper.
The AFCAT test paper includes questions about Verbal Ability in English, General Awareness, Military Reasoning, Numerical Ability, and Aptitude, Mechanical, computer science, electrical, and electronic questions. The difficulty level of the AFCAT exam is of graduate level.
The total of AFCAT exam is 300 marks. The AFCAT exam pattern describes the overall format of the exam, including the number of sections, topic weightage, time duration, total marks, marking method, and other details. Candidates should prepare according to the exam pattern to become familiar with the exam process.
Highlights of the AFCAT Exam Pattern 2024
Candidates can view the highlights of the AFCAT exam pattern below-
|Questions types||Objective type|
What is the AFCAT 2024 Exam Pattern?
The following is the AFCAT exam pattern for the online test:
- The online AFCAT test is divided into four components.
- The AFCAT question paper contains a total of 100 questions.
- AFCAT is worth a maximum of 300 marks.
- AFCAT exam contains objective questions.
- The question paper is only available in English. To qualify for the exam, candidates must obtain the minimum qualifying marks.
The AFCAT exam pattern is outlined here-
|Subject||No of Questions||Time||Maximum Marks|
|General Awareness||100||2 hours||300|
|Verbal Ability in English|
|Military Aptitude Test and Reasoning|
Marking Scheme of AFCAT
The following is the AFCAT exam marking scheme:
- Candidates will receive three marks for correct answers.
- For each wrong response, one mark will deducted.
- Unattempt questions receive no marks.
AFCAT Technical Branch/Non-Technical Branch Exam Pattern
Candidates applying for non-technical ground duty positions should be familiar with the AFCAT exam format. The non-technical branch and technical exam structure is now the same which is given below.
|Military aptitude test and Reasoning||105||35||2 Hours|
|Verbal ability in English||90||30|
Please note that there might be changes in the number of questions as per the section in the upcoming AFCAT 1 2024 Exam.
AFCAT 1 2024 Marking System
The AFCAT exam employs the following marking system:
- Candidates receive three marks for each correct answer. The calculation of candidates’ scores involves the deduction of marks for AFCAT negative marking.
- Negative marking is applicable in AFCAT. One mark is subtracted for each incorrect answer.
- Unattempt questions do not carry any marks.
AFCAT Negative Marking
In addition to understanding the AFCAT exam pattern, candidates should acquaint themselves with the concept of negative marking. This knowledge assists candidates in responding attentively and avoiding negative marking errors. For every incorrect answer, one mark is deducted. Unattempt questions do not earn any marks, whereas a correct answer is awarded three marks.
AFCAT Exam Time
The AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test) is conducted online and has a duration of two hours. Below are the AFCAT exam timings for both shifts:
|Activity||Shift 1||Shift 2|
|Reporting time||7.30 am||12.30 pm|
|Verification of admit card & ID Proof, Biometrics, Photo/ Thumb Impression/ Sign on Attendance Sheet & candidate seating in Exam hall||7.30 am to 9.30 am||12.30 pm to 2 pm|
|Reading of instructions by candidates||9.30 am to 9.45 am||2 pm to 2.15 pm|
|AFCAT Exam||9.45 am to 11.45 am||2.15 pm to 4.15 pm|
Category: Click Here