IBPS SO Syllabus 2023, Detailed Prelims Exam Pattern and Syllabus
IBPS publishes the IBPS SO Syllabus 2023 on its official website. Check this post for information on Prelims IBPS SO Syllabus 2023.
IBPS SO Syllabus 2023: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has released vital information about the IBPS SO (Specialist Officer) Exam for 2023. This information includes the topics that candidates must study as well as the format of the exam. Understanding the syllabus and exam pattern is critical for those interested in applying for Specialist Officer positions in Public Sector Banks. It assists them in effectively preparing for the exam and increases their chances of success. We will explain the IBPS SO Syllabus 2023 and Exam Pattern in this post, providing valuable insights for those interested in becoming Specialist Cadre Officers in Public Sector Banks.
IBPS SO Syllabus 2023
Understanding the IBPS SO Syllabus 2023 is crucial for preparing well for the IBPS SO 2023 exam. It serves as an essential guide for candidates and helps them focus their preparation in the right direction. In this post, we explain the syllabus for various posts:
- Agriculture Officer
- Law Officer
- Marketing Officer
- Rajbhasha Adhikari
- HR/Personnel Officer
- IT Officer
Each of these posts has a different syllabus, and it’s important to go through the details for each one to be well-prepared for the exam. Take your time to study the syllabus for the specific post you are interested in and get ready for the IBPS SO Recruitment 2023.
IBPS SO Syllabus 2023 Overview
Candidates should be well-versed in the complete syllabus for IBPS SO Posts in order to make an informed decision to prepare actively and strategically. Candidates may look at the summary table that is provided below.
|IBPS SO Syllabus 2023 Overview
|Institute of Banking & Personnel Selection, IBPS
|IBPS SO 2023
|Specialist Officer (SO)
|IBPS SO Exam Dates
IBPS SO Selection Process 2023
The IBPS SO Syllabus 2023 Exam will consist of three main stages:
- Preliminary Exam: In this stage, candidates will have to appear for a preliminary test to assess their basic knowledge and skills related to the Specialist Officer post.
- Mains Exam: After qualifying in the preliminary exam, candidates will have to take the mains exam, which is more comprehensive and tests their in-depth knowledge and expertise in their respective fields.
- Interview Process: Once candidates successfully clear both the preliminary and mains exams, they will be called for an interview. During the interview, their suitability for the Specialist Officer post will be evaluated based on their communication skills, confidence, and overall personality.
To be selected as a Specialist Officer in one of the participating Public Sector Banks in IBPS SO 2023, each applicant must pass all of these examination phases. To increase your chances of being selected for the desired position, make sure to prepare well and perform well at each stage.
IBPS SO Syllabus 2023
The IBPS SO Syllabus 2023 consists of two parts:
- IBPS SO Preliminary Exam Syllabus: This part comprises four primary segments: Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, and General Awareness. These sections test candidates’ basic knowledge and skills in these areas.
- IBPS SO Mains Exam Syllabus: In this section, candidates will encounter questions based solely on their respective specialized courses, aligning with the post they are applying for in the IBPS SO 2023 exam. The specialized segment will vary depending on the positions applied for. Candidates need to be well-versed in their area of expertise or specialization subjects.
It’s essential for candidates to understand the detailed syllabus for both the preliminary and mains exams to prepare effectively for the IBPS SO 2023 exam. Each candidate should focus on their specific specialization to perform well and increase their chances of success in the recruitment process.
IBPS SO Syllabus 2023 For Prelims
The initial phase of the IBPS SO exam, referred to as the Prelims Exam, features a distinct syllabus compared to other bank examinations.
For the Rajbhasha Adhikari Scale I officer, the subjects to be covered are:
- Reasoning Ability
- English Language
- General Awareness with Special Reference to Banking Industry
For the Specialist Officers (Agriculture Field Officer, Marketing Officer (Scale I), HR/Personnel Officer, IT Officer Scale I), the subjects to be covered are:
- Reasoning Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language
To prepare for the Prelims Exam, candidates should focus on these specific subjects based on the position they are applying for. Understanding the IBPS SO Syllabus 2023 will help them perform better and increase their chances of passing the IBPS SO 2023 exam.
|IBPS SO Preliminary Exam Syllabus 2023
|Seating Arrangements, Puzzles, Inequalities, Syllogism, Input-Output, Data Sufficiency, Blood Relations, Order and Ranking, Alphanumeric Series, Distance and Direction, Verbal Reasoning
|Cloze Test, Reading Comprehension, Spotting Errors, Sentence Improvement, Sentence Correction, Para Jumbles, Fill in the Blanks, Para/Sentence Completion
|Number Series, Data Interpretation, Simplification/Approximation, Quadratic Equation, Data Sufficiency, Mensuration, Average, Profit and Loss, Ratio, Proportion, Work, Time and Energy, Time and Distance, Probability, Relations, Simple and Compound Interest, Permutation and Combination
|Current Affairs, Banking Awareness, GK Updates, Currencies, Important Places, Books and Authors, Awards, Headquarters, Prime Minister Schemes, Important Days
Candidates must have specific Professional Knowledge for their field in addition to the common subjects covered in the Prelims Exam. The main exam puts this knowledge to the test. For example, an Agriculture Field Officer must be knowledgeable about agriculture, whereas an IT Officer must be knowledgeable about information technology. To perform well in the IBPS SO 2023 exam, it is critical to prepare for both common and specialized subjects.
IBPS SO Exam Pattern 2023
The IBPS SO 2023 test has three parts: a first round, a second round, and then an interview. To get the Specialist Officer job in the participating banks, you need to pass all these steps.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the IBPS SO 2023 test:
- The first part is called the Preliminary exam. This exam has a time limit for each topic. You’ll have a total of 120 minutes, which means 40 minutes for each topic.
- If you pass the Preliminary exam, you can then take the Mains exam.
- Your Preliminary exam scores won’t decide if you get the job. It’s the scores from the Mains exam and the interview that matter.
- The Mains exam only asks about professional knowledge topics.
IBPS SO Preliminary Exam Pattern 2023
Candidates can view the IBPS SO Prelims Exam Pattern 2023 for the positions of Law Officer and Rajbhasa Adhikari below:
|No. of Questions
|General Awareness with Special Reference to Banking Industry
For other Specialist Officers (Agriculture Field Officer, Marketing Officer (Scale I), HR/Personnel Officer, IT Officer Scale I:
|No. of Questions
IBPS SO 2023 Interview Process
IBPS will invite candidates for the Interview Process if they pass the Mains Exam in the IBPS SO recruitment process. Performing well in the interview is critical because a candidate’s final selection is based on how they perform in this final round of the recruitment process. As a result, if an applicant wants to get the job, they must perform well in the interview.
IBPS SO Syllabus 2023 and Exam Pattern Important Points
Here are some important points about the IBPS SO Syllabus 2023 and Exam Pattern:
- The Exam Pattern for Rajbhasha Adhikari Scale I and Law Officer is the same, while it differs for other posts.
- The Mains Examination will have only one section, which is the Professional Knowledge related to the candidate’s expertise.
- The Preliminary Exam will have three sections. For Rajbhasha Adhikari and Law Officer, the sections are English Language, Reasoning, and General Awareness. For other posts, the sections are English Language, Reasoning, and Quantitative Aptitude.
- The score of the Preliminary Exam will not be considered for the final selection. The final selection will be based on the cumulative score of the Mains Exam and the Interview process in the ratio of 80:20.
Candidates should keep these points in mind while preparing for the IBPS SO 2023 Exam to understand the exam structure and focus on the areas that matter most for their respective posts.
Category: Click Here