GATE Civil Subject Wise Weightage 2024, Topic wise Weightage
GATE Civil Subject Wise Weightage 2024: The GATE CE paper is well known for its competitive nature. In addition to hard work and determination, one must go above and beyond to achieve extraordinary results. Understanding the GATE Civil subject wise weightage is necessary for allocating study time properly and strategically preparing for the GATE 2024 exam.
Furthermore, candidates can increase their chances of success in the GATE 2024 CE paper by understanding the relevant mark distribution among various topics, as explained in this article.
GATE Civil Subject Wise Weightage 2024
The CE syllabus covers 15 sections, and the GATE subject wise weightage for the Civil Engineering syllabus differs from year to year.
Additionally, the common sections like Engineering Mathematics and General Aptitude carried above 25 percent of the overall weightage in the past years.
- It is worth noting that each section of the GATE Civil Engineering syllabus 2024 may carry approximately 15 marks, making it crucial to prepare thoroughly for the core civil subjects.
- Candidates should make sure to make a study plan in accordance with the GATE Civil Engineering Subject Wise Weightage by selecting high-scoring topics first.
GATE Civil Engineering Subject Wise Weightage By Years
To understand the GATE Civil subject wise weightage 2024, refer to the table carrying data from 2015 to 2018, including major topics of the CE Syllabus.
|Previous Year’s GATE Civil Engineering Subject Wise Weightage|
|Subjects||GATE 2015||GATE 2016||GATE 2017||GATE 2018|
|Irrigation & Hydrology||5%||4%||5.5%||5%|
|Construction Materials and Management||–||5%||3%||0.5%|
Recent Year’s GATE Civil Engineering Subject Wise Weightage
The latest GATE Civil Engineering subject wise weightage details are highlighted below. Candidates can observe that the data indicates a gradual increase in the weightage of various topics over the years.
|GATE Civil Engineering Subject Wise Weightage from 2019 to 2023|
|Subjects||GATE 2019||GATE 2020||GATE 2021||GATE 2022||GATE 2023 Set-1|
|Irrigation & Hydrology||5.5%||5.5%||4%||3%||7%|
|Construction Materials & Management||1%||0.5%||1%||3%||0%|
Why is the GATE Civil Engineering Subject Wise Weightage Important?
Understanding the weightage of subjects in the GATE Civil Engineering exam is important for aspirants; here’s why:
- Knowing the GATE Civil Subject Wise Weightage 2024 helps candidates better prioritize their study time and efforts.
- By concentrating on subjects with higher marks, they can devote more time to key subjects, increasing their chances of success.
- Time constraints are a common challenge in exam preparation. The GATE subject-wise weightage for civil helps identify the most important topics.
- The weightage analysis allows applicants to thoroughly review the complete GATE Civil Engineering syllabus.
- They can develop their study method and ensure they have a solid understanding of the main topics across every subject.
- Candidates may choose to skip less important subjects or focus only on the essential concepts within those subjects.
- This approach ensures that aspirants prioritize their efforts on the topics that are more likely to be covered in the GATE 2024 Civil Engineering paper.
Important Topics Based on GATE Civil Subject Wise Weightage 2024
After an in-depth review of the GATE Civil Subject Wise Weightage 2024, some of the most essential topics that have carried significant weightage over the years are listed below.
|Important Topics for GATE Civil 2024|
|General Aptitude||Verbal Aptitude, Quantitative Aptitude, Analytical Aptitude, and Spatial Aptitude|
|Engineering Mathematics||Linear Algebra, Calculus, Ordinary Differential Equation (ODE), Partial Differential Equation (P.D.E.), Probability, Statistics, and Numerical Methods|
|Structural Engineering||Engineering Mechanics, Solid Mechanics, Structural Analysis, Construction Materials and Management, Concrete Structures, and Steel Structures|
|Geotechnical Engineering||Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering|
|Water Resources Engineering||Fluid Mechanics, Hydraulics, Hydrology, and Irrigation|
|Environmental Engineering||Water and Waste-Water Quality and Treatment, Air Pollution, and Municipal Solid Wastes|
|Transportation Engineering||Transportation Infrastructure, Highway Pavements, and Traffic Engineering|
|Geomatics Engineering||Principles of Surveying, Photogrammetry, and Remote Sensing|
FAQs For GATE Civil Subject Wise Weightage 2024
Ques 1. Which subject holds great importance in the GATE 2024 CE paper?
Ans 1. Material strength, structural analysis, reinforced cement concrete, soil mechanics, fluid mechanics, environmental engineering, highway engineering, mathematics, and aptitude play a significant role in the GATE 2024 CE paper.
Ques 2. What is the GATE Civil Engineering subject wise weightage for 2024?
Ans 2. Overall, 72% of the weightage will be assigned to core Civil Engineering subject questions, 13% to Engineering Mathematics, and 15% to General Aptitude.
Ques 3. What is the GATE Civil Subject Wise Weightage 2024 for General Aptitude?
Ans 3. The GATE Civil Subject Wise Weightage 2024 for General Aptitude is anticipated to be 15 percent of the overall weightage.
Ques 4. Is the GATE Civil Engineering paper tough to crack?
Ans 4. The GATE Civil Engineering paper is moderately difficult; however, with the right approach, candidates can score good marks in it.